Jun 22, 2011

Not Yo Mama's Craft Fair 2011



Not Yo Mama's Craft Fair 
At the Morgan Lot

Saturday, June 25, 2011
11am - 7pm


107 Morgan Street
Jersey City, NJ



One of my favorite events is this weekend! I am very excited to tell you about the upcoming Not Yo Mama's Craft Fair! If you want to find something special, this is the place to be! There are lots of upcoming hip, indie artists to tickle your shopping needs. In the past I've seen handmade soap, quirky jewelry, nerdy t-shirts, cute things that are so sweet that they might give you cavities, and more!

This event is special to my heart. This is the first event that I attended as a visitor that opened me up to the world of craft fairs! It was kind of my dream to be a Not Yo Mama vendor... but recent life changes haven't allowed me to do so! Hopefully next year!

However, I can still hang around to support my friends and fellow artists who are going to be there. I have met a lot of great people in the arts and crafting community over the past year and a lot of them are going to be on the roster! I recognize a lot of familiar names!

Here are some handpicked favorites: (please note, some of their stores are on vacation until after the event, so please be sure to check out their online shops after the event. If you're lucky enough you can also attend!)

Wichser Studio • Beautiful vintage-inspired, handmade jewelry with a modern twist! I have two of her necklaces and I'm pretty sure I will continue to add to my collection. There is a story behind each necklace and when you own one you will make more stories :)

Studio Llama Llama • Crocheted cuties with a llama theme! My favorites are the banana and plantain llamas!

Made With Love Organic Bakery • Freshly baked breads, cookies, and goodies. I can tell if Made With Love will be at an event because there is always a trail of lovely baked goodness wafting in the air leading to their table. True story.

Geekilicious • I didn't see her on the roster but I know she will definitely be there! Geekilicious has fun jewelry inspired by geeky things. In the past I've seen rings with miniature Nintendo gaming controllers inside. Oh yes! It brings back so many memories! With her jewelry you can wear your passions! And I hear that she has some new Dr. Who jewelry! Nice!

Posh Adornments • Sparkly jewelry with a rock an roll twist! I've had my eye on her online shop for a long time but haven't gotten a chance to buy anything because if I could I would buy them all! Her jewelry is adorned with hot pink skulls or sculpted roses to name a few.

This is just a handful of the 90+ vendors that will be there! If you're in the NJ/NYC area, you should check it out this Saturday!

1 comment:

Miss Angie said...

Guhhh, I'd love to go, but I don't know how I'd get there :/ Do you know if there's any way to get there that's cheap and not dangerous? XD Is Jan going too?