May 21, 2010

Music and Video Experiments

The Craft Fairs went well. I'm going to share pictures soon. I'm still in the process of photoshopping and cropping some of them. But more on that later :)

I was taking a break from the craft fair footage and found an excellent resource for free music at the Free Music Archive. Don't worry kids, this is for free music that is legal to download. I'm not into that pirate stuff (just pirate speak y'arr me scaliwags!). Not only is it free, but its meant to be used! Yes! You heard me! If you are into video editing, podcasts, or just want to add music to your collection, this is the place to go. I got lost in this music site for a couple of hours. It had a really nice collection and a lot of variety too. They take pride in themselves that the music is handpicked, like a DJ set, so you're not searching through unwanted or weird songs. Granted, some of the music is weird, but I'm sure someone in the universe will need experimental music somehow.


Within the sea of free music, I found two albums that I think will be my new favorites. I'm into comedy music and it was love at first listen when I heard Logan Whitehurst and The Jr. Science Club. If you like the Aquabats and They Might Be Giants, I'm sure you'll love these guys. All of the songs are catchy pop tunes and parodies with strange titles like Ohmygodimonfire and Happy Noodle vs. Sad Noodle. I can't get over the band name "...and the Jr. Science Club". Science is my middle name!


White Mystery! This is pure rock with a female vocalist. Not to be mistook for girly rock. This is old fashioned rock and roll. I love it! I don't know too much about this band, but the lead vocalist, Miss Alex White, sure has moxie! This is the kind of band that I would like to see live.

I ended up collecting more than sixty songs and all of them are fantastic! I was super pumped to use the music for something... anything! I dug up some old footage and made a new music video :)



I had a lot of fun making this! I carry my little video camera around and film random things sometimes. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog on art and the adventure. I liked it,keep posting.


Free Music Downloads Mp3