Jan 27, 2014

Hello 2014: Reflection and Goals

Hello everyone! Since the last time I posted, I have gone through a lot of life changes. In a nutshell, the two last years have been crazy! I had so many job changes, moved to a new apartment, travelled, and a lot of other things that I'm excited to share. Before I eventually get to all of those, there is one thing that I wanted to talk about: What is the most important thing in your life?


credit: Carrie Loves


Over the past two years, without a doubt, the most important thing in my life was my job. I'm a hard worker. In fact, at my last job, I was a rockstar! I always take pride in any job that I do, especially if I do it well. The problem was that I was so focused on work, it was the only thing that I did. Graphics and Art is a very competitive and sometimes dispensable field. So its common for artists to do what it takes to keep your job. There were many times when I found myself without a job and aggressively looking. So when I finally land a gig, its all I would focus on because I never knew how long it would last.

There is no right or wrong answer here. At the time, my job was the most important thing to me since its what I worked so hard for. Eventually, being buried under all the work, I became lost. I put everything aside. My family, my boyfriend, my friends, my hobbies, my health… it got really bad. Hence the absence from my blog and a lot of other things that made me so happy.

I felt like a crappy person saying things like, "Sorry Mom I can't help, I have to stay extra late at work today". In the end I wonder, was staying at work late really that important? I didn't even get paid for the extra time I stayed there. I probably should've been there for my Mom instead. :(

Now that life has settled down a bit, I want to make up for lost time and get back into things that made me happy.

I missed…
blogging.
taking pictures.
having a little Etsy shop.
sharing cute stuff.
you.

So here is a list of stuff I hope to accomplish this year. Are you ready?

Goals in 2014

Read 25 Books: If you want to see what I'm currently reading, check me out on Goodreads.

Get fit: I want to complete an at-home fitness program like POP Pilates for Beginners.

Go vegetarian for a week: The key to my heart is a cheeseburger, but I am up for a challenge! To be honest, this one scares me!

Make French Macarons: A disaster waiting to happen! But wouldn't it be nice to have French Macarons whenever I wanted?!

Make a better effort in contacting and hanging out with friends / Possibly make new friends: No more corporate Sarah! Friends are important too!

Have more of an internet presence: I am pretty active on Twitter and Flickr, but I would like to make more blog posts. Hello blog!

Fill up a sketchbook: I've never been able to do this within a year! Challenge accepted!

Be a badass bass guitarist: Yes and yes!

I think that's a pretty respectable list! I know we're well into January already, but its never too late to start something. I'd really like to know if you have a goals list too :) Let's be awesome together!

Thanks for sticking around my blog! I'm looking forward to sharing more adventures!

Love,

Sarah

2 comments:

San Smith said...

I'm so happy you are posting again and I look forward to seeing you document your journey this year!! <3 <3

Sarah said...

Thanks San! <3 OMG! Its been waaaay too long!