Aug 7, 2009

Watercolor attempts

Some new drawings! I'm excited to take on the challenge of learning how to watercolor! This is one of the New Year's Resolutions that I made for myself back in January. I think I can grow to love watercolors. I like the unpredictability of this medium. Gosh... you should hear me paint. There's a lot of "oops" and "uh-ohs" being said!

A friend gifted me this tiny watercolor set years ago that looks similar to this one. The paints aren't as pigmented as I'd hoped and the colors are a little bright for my liking. But this set is easy to mix your own colors. I'm still learning, so I don't need expensive paints right now. I found this neat article on watercolors if you're looking to get started.




Draw the SPACE GIRL VERSION of yourself!

I think the recent Star Trek movie has been influencing a whole bunch of us artists. I've been seeing so many space-themed artwork and doodles out there that I wanted to jump on the bandwagon too! My space influence actually came from a Ren & Stimpy episode that I saw the other day. The duo ended up getting sucked into a deep black hole and the environment changed them. Crazy things happened in this episode like they grew extra eyes and fangs. Their flips floated away from them yet they were still able to talk.

This is exactly what I would look like in outerspace! I would have blue skin and hair. The planet would have three moons so the daylight would be screwed up. I would need special yellow eyes to see. My body would be stretched weird from zero-gravity effects. I would be part of a team of sexy space girls and our job is to eliminate space pirates. Ahhh! I don't know, something like that.


Rapidash and Ponyta from Pokemon


Here are some other drawings from my sketchbook that I didn't get a chance to share


Elephant


The Squid and the Whale
(click image for large size)

That's all for now. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh i just painted something in watercolors too! they're so much fun :) i love the rapidash and ponyta drawings, so cute! the squid and whale are impressive too!

Sarah said...

Awesome!! I'd like to see some of your experiments :) Post more stuff on DA!!! :D!!